It's the moment of truth... time to compare what we accomplished this year with the list I made last January! We only completed about 1/2 of what I hoped to, but we also did some other things that weren't on the list.
Besides the things on this list, I also got the powder room about 90% complete, created a "drop zone" area just inside the garage entrance to the house (I keep forgetting to post a picture of it) and painted a back-splash in the kitchen.
After living in the house for a year and seeing which areas we use the most (and learning how much time projects realistically take to complete), I am switching gears on a few things for 2014's goals. Here's what I hope to accomplish is 2014:
Here's little more detail on each item:
1. Kitchen lighting: I already installed the under-cabinet lighting (pictures to come!). I also want to install a pendant above the sink and another fixture above the island. I also want to make or buy some window treatments for the morning room, but I cannot decide what kind to do.
2. Study: I want to paint, install hardwood floors, build a built-in desk and bookshelves on the one wall, buy a freestanding desk for the middle of the room, re-finish an old filing cabinet, install crown molding, decorate.
3. Guest room: Paint, install board and batten trim, possibly build a headboard, build a mini-bookshelf, build/buy nightstands, install window treatments, decorate.
4. Paint and install decorative moulding in foyer... hopefully we get to it this year.
5. Install trim in the first floor doorways. I want to do something like this in the bigger doorways and like this in the smaller ones.
6. Paint the master bathroom. I already have the paint bought, I just need to get taping!
7. Build landscape retaining wall out front... this is something I was really hoping to get to this year, but it just didn't happen. I want to do something like this or this in the front of the house.
8. Plant more trees/shrubs... I think this is going to be an ongoing project every year!
Anyone else have any big plans for 2014?