Joss & Main Exclusive online private sales for the home

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Three More Days!

Our closing is scheduled for Friday at 12:00 noon!  We were also just told the amount of money we will need to bring to closing.  Yowza!!  It's actually less than our original estimate, so that's good... but it's still a crap-load of money.  I plan to cross check the final HUD they just gave us with our old ones to make sure there are no mistakes.

Here's my plan for Friday:

1. Sleep in (since I already took the whole day off of work and I really enjoy sleeping)
2. Drink coffee and eat breakfast (which I will soon be able to do in my lovely morning room!)
3. Settle (and hope that everything goes smoothly)
4. Celebrate!!!  Yippeee!
5. Go to our new house and do the following:
    -clean
    -seal the tile grout in the master bath and upstairs hall bath
    -seal our granite counter tops
    -install some paper blinds in the bedroom and bathroom
    -celebrate some more!!!

Then Saturday is the big moving day!  We'll have to unpack some coolers because our refrigerator is not coming until Sunday and I'm sure our moving helpers will want some adult refreshments after a longggg day of lugging our stuff.

I cannot wait!

14 comments:

  1. Yay!!! So happy that your close to the finish line. Tell me why you have to seal the tile grout in your bathroom? What is that process? Are you doing it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sealing the grout helps keep it from getting dirty or damaged. With our all white tile, I definitely want to do anything I can to keep the grout looking clean. As Maria@SavingQueen said below, there is stuff you can buy that you just spray on your tile, so we do plan to do it ourselves.

      Delete
  2. Awesome! This is the second time I have read about the grout sealing! What is this all about--it's blowing me! I thought all of this should be done and I get to spend my time on interior design, not this! Lol

    Btw- I love love your schedule, you ROCK *colette*

    ReplyDelete
  3. On top of sealing the grout around the tile work, our pm has also strongly suggested we seal the garage floor and driveway. Which - great. I appreciate his suggestions and help, but really Ryan Homes? This isn't a service you can provide? Because honestly, we built brand new so we didn't have to worry about "projects". But I digress....

    Congrats Colette!!! I like your moving/closing schedule too. My kind of girl:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our PM suggested that too, but I checked it out and the stuff I looked at says it takes at least 24 hours for it to dry. Since we are moving the next day, we'll have to wait until later to seal the garage (which means we will probably never do it :)).

      Delete
    2. We'll probably get to the grout sealing, but he said for the driveway it has to cure for 30 days after its poured before you can seal it. Which means we'll probably get to it sometime next year....maybe. ;)

      Delete
  4. Yayyy! That's great news!! I wasn't aware that you had to seal the grout and granite. I guess I just assumed Ryan Homes would do it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually he said they do seal the granite, but he still suggests that we do it again just to be safe... and then again annually if you are really diligent.

      Delete
  5. CONGRATS!!!! hope all goes well this Friday !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! We settled on a Thursday and moved on Friday, so we went by on Thursday night to seal the grout on the walls and floor in bathrooms and laundry room. We bought the an aerosol spray grout sealer from Lowe's. Just spray it on, let it sit for (I think 15 minutes) and wipe with a dry towel. It is a lot easier to do it before getting overwhelmed with moving everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May you both enjoy many happy years :) nesting in your new home!

    ReplyDelete

I am so thrilled that you stopped by and I loooove comments! Leave me some love and I will respond shortly. Peace and love – Colette.