Joss & Main Exclusive online private sales for the home

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cabinet Hardware

I finally finished installing all of our kitchen cabinet hardware so now our kitchen has some bling.  This is how I occupy myself while Greg is watching the Eagles lose miserably week after week.  :)  We went with these knobs on the cabinet doors and these pulls on the drawers.  Here are the before and after pictures:

BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER

Let me just express how scary it was putting a drill to my brand new cabinets!  Luckily everything went smoothly and we don't have any stray holes.  I got these handy templates from home depot so there was no measuring required for the knobs, and for the pulls I only had to measure the center of the drawer and the template did the rest.


Although I actually enjoyed doing this, I think it may have been worth it to just pay Ryan Homes to do it.  Depending on the quality and options (I'm not sure what kind of selection RH offers), it might actually be equal or cheaper to have them do it.  For my house (the Courtland), RH charged $195 and I believe that was for the kitchen plus both upstairs bathrooms.  The total cost for me to do it myself for just the kitchen was $85.  I got two ten-packs of the knobs for $20.00 each and 10 pulls at $2.58 each, plus the cost of the templates ($7.47) and tax.  It is probably at least double that if you included the two bathrooms as well plus the anxiety caused by drilling holes into your cabinets.

Does anyone know what kind of options RH offers for cabinets hardware?  Do they have a good selection?

10 comments:

  1. We have the same templates. I'm busy trying to make a decision on the hardware.
    As for Ryan, they only have one choice: one knob in your choice of brushed nickel or oil rubbed bronze. That's it. You made a better choice by DIY.
    I think my delay in making a decision is intensified by the thought of drilling into my new cabinets, even though it went fine in the last house. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of our cabinets came with hardware. In fact, when I saw people posting about adding their hardware, I thought it was just because they didn't like the brushed nickel or something. I think all the hardware was included in our package as we were part of the "Home of the Month" incentive when we bought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We only had two choices for knobs and it was really just a color choice between the brushed nickel and the oil rubbed bronze. I think it was $200 to do the kitchen and all bathrooms for our community. We opted to have RH install the knobs because it wasn't worth the anxiety of drilling into my new cabinets for me to install my own knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only choice Ryan had for us was the color too. There is one knob (no pulls) that's it. Our SR told us its better to DIY. This way you can have the combo knobs and pulls and the choice of design you like best. Once you drill the hole, your options become limited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes there is only one choice of knob and two color choices, but they were included in our package.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hardware makes such a difference. Your kitchen looks great. We ordered hardware and it just arrived in the mail a few days ago. The thought of drilling into my cabinets scares me to death!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We got hardware with ours because we took the most upgraded cabinets. They had different hardware and came with knobs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our option was also knobs only, smooth and plain, 2 color choices, $200. To me, the knobs on drawers look like buttons on a snow man and I think I've seen similar sets of knobs dirt cheap at walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even know Walmart sold knobs. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check them out for our upstairs bathrooms.

      Delete
  9. I love your photos of the Cognac Cabinets with Tan brown granite.

    ReplyDelete

I am so thrilled that you stopped by and I loooove comments! Leave me some love and I will respond shortly. Peace and love – Colette.