Joss & Main Exclusive online private sales for the home

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Original Art

This is not really house-related, but it was such a cool experience that I had to share it! My girlfriends and I went to this place called Canvas Mixers, where you drink wine (or mimosas in my case) and a professional artist teaches you how to paint an actual painting. We all had to agree on one painting from their gallery online (we chose "Young Love" but I really want to do "Torso" if we do it again... take a look ;)). We had some cocktails while they got us set up, then we painted the picture in three stages. It took about 15 minutes to do the background. Then we chatted/ate/drank while the canvas dried and they set us up for the next stage, which was the tree trunk, branches and leaves. We took another short break, then did the final touches... the grass, the heart on the tree and some "highlights". It took about 3 hours from start to finish, including a good amount of socializing and goofing around.
The experience was so much fun... the instructor was great, it was really laid back (though me being the perfectionist I am, I got slightly frustrated at times) and it was just something different than the typical dinner date with friends. Apparently they have places like this all over, so if you think you might be into this type of thing I would definitely check it out. Now I just have to find the perfect place in our house for my masterpiece!
P.S. It was $30 per person and you can bring whatever food and drinks you'd like.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! The painting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. I will have to see if there is one near my house. Your painting turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

I am so thrilled that you stopped by and I loooove comments! Leave me some love and I will respond shortly. Peace and love – Colette.