Joss & Main Exclusive online private sales for the home

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Chairs for the Family Room

We took advantage of some Labor Day sales last weekend and did some house shopping!  Greg was feeling generous and offered me a whole day of shopping with no complaining!  (A whole day to him = 2-3 hours, but I'll take it!).  I have been pining over these chairs from Ashley Furniture for months and months, but the price was, in my opinion, too high for the quality of the chairs. 
 
 
Greg and I have been to 4 different Ashley stores over the past 6 months trying to negotiate the price down to what I deemed to be reasonable.  All four sales people (before this weekend) lost our (almost 1K) sale over less than $100!  Here's one of my many (many) pet peeves:  The first time we went to buy the chairs there were no "sales" going on, so we decided to wait and try again when they had a sale.  So the next 3 times we went they were having "Blowout Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc" sales, but the chairs were the SAME EXACT PRICE as when there were no sales going on!  Those "holiday sales events" are totally a deceptive sales pitch to get you in the store and spend just as much money as you would on a normal day.  {Tangent over... sorry about that!}

This weekend we had slightly more success.  After the sales guy told us that Ashley never ever ever negotiates prices, we were able to negotiate him down to within $20 of the price I was willing to pay.  I was not willing to forgo the chairs over $20 and I knew my chances of getting Greg to come back for another Ashley adventure were getting slimmer and slimmer by the second.  And the sales guy was pretty helpful and not annoying so I kind of wanted to give him the sale.  Customer service goes a long way in my book!

In four to six weeks we will be the proud owners of two of these babies, at which time our family room will be approximately 90% complete!  The chairs are actually part of the same set as our sofas, but I like that they are not too matchy matchy.  Did anyone else score any good deals over the holiday weekend?

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the chairs!! Would also love them in my familt room ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set !! We looked at it too and my friend purchased the chair and the couch and she loves it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chair looks great. Great catch.

    We were at Ashley Homestore last weekend for the first time ever, and... and we have been looking at a bedroom set for months, and the price was $5,500 from talking multiple times over the phone.. and to make a long story short, I showed the salesman on my phone a site selling it for half the price (out of state).. He said, "This is Ashley's store and no one will beat us on our prices on our furniture.." and he matched the price after checking with manager.. how about that!

    We signed so quick and paid and ran out before they changed their minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine the fact they pocket $2,500 and then some for folks willing to pay retail. OMG!

      Delete
    2. That's nuts! Good for you for getting that deal!

      Delete
  4. I love those chairs. They would look great in my living room. How much did you ending up paying for them. Did you get the pillows that match for your sofa? http://ryanhomesjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We wound up paying $720 for two of them. We did get the pillows that matched with our sofa, but I wasn't crazy about them because they were really huge. How is your house coming along? I want to see pictures of your finished deck... that thing looks awesome!

      Delete
  5. I have the same furniture! The whole set is in my family room! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

I am so thrilled that you stopped by and I loooove comments! Leave me some love and I will respond shortly. Peace and love – Colette.