Joss & Main Exclusive online private sales for the home

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Greg's Veggie Garden

Yeesh, it’s really hard to settle into a completely new schedule!  I think about blogging all of the time and just can’t seem to find the time to sit down and write!

Our home office progress is moving along slowly but surely.  We got all of the bookshelf units up and I got all of the adjustable shelves cut and painted, but then found out that the middle ones are too short for the opening L.  Note to self: measure shelf width AFTER installing the base units.  So now I’ll just have to cut/paint new shelves.  I also have all of the crown molding painted and ready to go!  Hopefully we can get that up this weekend.

Greg has been busy in the veggie garden lately!  I am so glad he is consistent with taking care of it because everything would be dead in a week if it were left up to me.  Greg must have gotten his mother’s green thumb because he is a growing machine!  Some of our squash are coming in already, as well as the spinach and lettuce!  We had grilled chicken lettuce wraps the other night and they were delicious!  We are trying a couple of new things from last year… here’s everything we are growing this year and some pictures of the garden so far:

  • Cherry tomatoes
  • Roma tomatoes
  • Pink tomatoes (so fun!)
  • Potatoes
  • Zucchini
  • Cucumbers (new)
  • Yellow squash
  • Spaghetti squash
  • Peas (new)
  • Carrots
  • Eggplant (new)
  • Bell peppers
  • Strawberries (new)
  • Blueberries (new)
  • Corn (new)
  • Spinach (new)
  • Romaine lettuce (new)
  • Basil
  • Oregano
  • Mint
  • Cilantro
  • Dill



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so thrilled that you stopped by and I loooove comments! Leave me some love and I will respond shortly. Peace and love – Colette.