Joss & Main Exclusive online private sales for the home

Monday, November 4, 2013

Drop Zone Table Options

The blogosphere has spoken... console table with drawers for the "drop-zone" it is!  Thanks to everyone who weighed in on my dilemma of whether to do a shelf, a simple table or a table with drawers for our family room drop-zone area.  I totally agree with the general consensus that a table with drawers would be the most functional for this space.

I did some online browsing on my lunch break today and discovered these three tables from Target that I think could be contenders:  Option 1 (in black), Option 2, Option 3 (in black).  As a reminder, here is the space where this will go:


I think Option 2 is my favorite, but I'm concerned with how it will match the wood of the shelves above it and the sofa table (picture below), which it will be right next to.  But do wood tones need to match perfectly in a room as casual as this?  I don't know what the rules are!?!? :)  Or is it just too much natural wood in one room?

Let me know what you think... I'm anxious to finish this spot, so I'll probably order one of these tables this week.  Thank you for your opinions!

3 comments:

  1. I really like option 2, although with the cross bar at the bottom you wouldn't be able to put the basket below the table like you could with the other two tables.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shoot, I didn't even notice that! Although that table is not as wide, so I might still be able to fit the basket next to the table. I'll have to do some measuring tonight. Thanks for pointing that out.

      Delete
  2. I like 2 and 3 best, but honestly I don't think you need to worry about matching woods. It's your home and your style. You can do whatever you want. I think 3 might be my favorite just because it's a little different than the mixed material shelf and table you have there already, but that's totally a personal choice. The point M made about the cross bar would be the most crucial thing, really.

    ReplyDelete

I am so thrilled that you stopped by and I loooove comments! Leave me some love and I will respond shortly. Peace and love – Colette.